Honest, Professional Car Care in Folsom, Ca
Why Brake Repair Is Important
Brake repair is one of the most important repairs you can have done to your car.
At Shannon Family Automotive, we use factory brake pads to produce smooth performance, no noise, and a great feel. Shannon Family Automotive can also replace or machine your rotors to reduce brake shake and pulsation in addition to helping to break-in the new factory brake pads. We only use the proper brake caliper and pad lubricants to ensure a quiet, safe ride.
With every brake job, you will receive a variety of free services, including a brake fluid flush, removing air (bleeding) from the brake system, a parking brake adjustment, rear brake adjustments with front brake repairs, lubrication of mechanical brake mechanisms, and cleaning of ABS sensors. We conduct a thorough inspection of the entire brake system in order to ensure proper function and operation. Every vehicle will be road-tested to aid the break-in process and to verify smooth, quiet operation.
Contact us to set up an appointment for brake services and auto repairs for your Honda, Acura, Toyota, or Lexus.
Common Signs of Brake Problem
Whatever brake issues you are facing, Shannon Family Automotive can help.
- Screeching, squealing, rubbing, or other piercing noises are common signs that your brake pads and shoes need to be inspected. Addressing noisy brake pads before the pads wear down too much is essential, otherwise, it could lead to more expensive damages to repair.
- Pulsating or vibrating pedal when you are steering. When this occurs in your vehicle, it means your brake system is at risk of being warped or another serious problem.
- Having to press down further than usual for the brake to work. This is more a problem with older cars, but it still happens sometimes today. It is typically a sign of brake pad wear. You can only press so far before you’re in an “I have no brakes…” predicament. Get it addressed by professional mechanics today.
- Noxious odor. If you smell burning rubber emitting from your tires, don’t wait to call us. This is not normal and it could be very dangerous to drive your vehicle in such a condition, as your braking system may have been compromised.
- Brake warning light — Promptly get a brake inspection at a reputable auto repair shop in Folsom if your brake warning light comes on.